A former Marine combat engineer, Ben is a consummate professional who is mission-focused and committed to serving the needs of our clientele. He continues to give back to our veteran community by serving on the boards of directors of the USO and the Society of American Military Engineers.
Between his military service and joining Harkins in 2016, he has experience in preconstruction and construction operations through his work with major design-build firms, as well as the planning, coordination, and execution of business development efforts. He directly managed the construction of over 500,000 sf of facilities in the Washington, DC area, totaling over $100M. He has worked on many successful projects, both public and private, and his specific experience includes SCIF work, commercial office, healthcare, mission-critical, hospitality, retail, and multifamily housing.
Ben was promoted to vice president in 2020, where he began overseeing our commercial group and human resources department, leading to his promotion to president the following year.
- BS in Ocean Engineering, United States Naval Academy, 2008
- LEED AP BD+C
- EM 385-1-1 Construction Awareness
- USACE Quality Control Management for Contractors (CQM-C)
- OSHA 30
- SAME Youth Member Award
- SAME Leadership and Mentoring Program
- Board of Directors SAME Mid-Maryland Post
- Board of Directors USO of Metropolitan Washington – Baltimore
- Harkins Emerging Leaders Program