We could not have been happier when this former Marine combat engineer accepted our offer to lead our Government Group. Ben is a consummate professional who is mission-focused and committed to serving the needs of our government clientele. He continues to give back to our veteran community by serving on the boards of directors of the USO and Society of American Military Engineers.
Between his military service and coming to Harkins in 2016, Ben was responsible for preconstruction and construction operations at a major design-build firm, as well as the planning, coordination, and execution of the business development effort. He directly managed the construction of over 500,000 sf of facilities in the Washington, DC area, totaling over $100M. He has worked on many successful projects, both public and private, and his specific experience includes SCIF work, commercial office, healthcare, mission critical, hospitality, retail, and multifamily housing.
- BS in Ocean Engineering, United States Naval Academy, 2008
- LEED AP BD+C
- EM 385-1-1 Construction Awareness
- USACE Quality Control Management for Contractors (CQM-C)
- OSHA 30
- SAME Leadership and Mentoring Program
- Board of Directors SAME Mid-Maryland Post
- Board of Directors USO of Metropolitan Washington – Baltimore
- Harkins Emerging Leaders Program