ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to manage multiple trade partners’ phases of construction simultaneously.
- On smaller projects, manage project and field team from notice to proceed to post-construction (warranty).
- Manage assigned phase of construction and trade partners associated with assigned phase.
- Mentor superintendents and assistant superintendents for professional development.
- Responsible for superintendent duties if one is not assigned to the project.
- Coordinate between design team and trade partners to solve problems in the field.
- Work in conjunction with the field team to provide a seamless installation of work by trade partners.
- Assist in conducting trade partner progress meetings and update minutes in Procore.
- Assist with monthly job review meetings.
- Provide leadership and support to all field staff.
- Coordinate between trade partners to eliminate issues with drawings/scopes and conflict.
- Maintain oversite of trade partners’ scheduling, quality, safety, and production.
- Always maintain a working set of as-built drawings on-site.
- Expedite the construction of an exterior mock-up as directed to include exterior finishes, trim, roofing, windows, air barrier, flashings, and termination details; this will be done in a cutaway section, so all details can be reviewed and approved by the architect and owner.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of jobsite and office/trailer.
- Manage relationships with clients, design team, trade partners, and inspectors.
- Accept material deliveries and track them through the material control log.
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally and ethically with all parties associated with the project.
- Attend required corporate meetings, training programs, and Harkins University seminars/webinars.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Cumulative total of five (5) years of progressive experience in construction.
- Proficient with estimating, scheduling, budget/cost control, negotiation, field supervision, and financial reporting.
- Working knowledge of understanding, interpreting, and implementing plans, specifications, and other contract documents.
- Working knowledge of solicitation, negotiation, award, and management of subcontracts.
- Proven ability to create baseline schedules using logic/constraints.
- Working knowledge of AIA contract documents, and cost-plus GMP contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and train team members.
- Demonstrated organizational, leadership, analytical, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, Project, Phoenix, and Procore with the aptitude to learn other construction-related software applications.
Harkins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.