ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage assigned trade partners in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for managing assistant superintendents and/or performing assistant superintendent duties when necessary.
- Assist in conducting trade partner progress meetings.
- Assist with monthly job review meetings.
- Coordinate between trade partners to eliminate issues with drawings/scopes and conflicts.
- Work in conjunction with the field team to provide a seamless installation of work by trade partners.
- Maintain oversite of trade partners’ scheduling, quality, safety, and production.
- Always maintain a working set of as-built drawings on-site.
- Expedite the construction of an exterior mock-up as directed to include exterior finishes, trim, roofing, windows, air barrier, flashings, and termination details; this will be done in a cutaway section, so all details can be reviewed and approved by the architect and owner.
- Manage relationships with clients, design team, trade partners, and inspectors.
- Maintain and update 90-day schedule and two-week schedule.
- Recognize when RFI and change events are needed and work with the field team to execute and distribute.
- Maintain and update long lead material tracker.
- Manage and complete trade partner punch list.
- Assist in maintaining all logs, inspections, and quality control procedures.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Cumulative total of three (3) years of progressive experience in construction.
- Firm understanding of estimating, scheduling, budget/cost control, negotiation, field supervision, and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated organizational, leadership, analytical, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and implement plans, specifications, and other contract documents.
- General knowledge of solicitation, negotiation, award, and management of subcontracts.
- Ability to create baseline schedules using logic/constraints.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, Project, Phoenix, and Procore with the aptitude to learn other construction-related software applications.
- General knowledge of AIA contract documents, and cost-plus GMP contracts.
Harkins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.