ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Maintain the production schedule and ensure the proper sequencing of construction activities such that the subcontractors can operate profitably and efficiently.
- With guidance from Lead superintendent, administer the subcontracts and purchase contracts within the context of the General Contract and Contract Documents.
- Manage on-site assigned personnel, providing a positive work environment for professional and personal growth.
- Proficient with reading, understanding, and interpreting plans, specifications, shop drawings, contracts, and other documents.
- General knowledge of AIA contract documents and the Contract Documents for the project.
- Knowledgeable with material control and company policies and procedures.
- Knowledgeable with all construction trades, including surveying and engineering procedures.
- General knowledge of cost accounting systems and company policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally and ethically with all parties associated with the project.
- Cumulative total of three (3) years of progressive experience in construction.
- Firm understanding of estimating, scheduling, budget/cost control, negotiation, field supervision, and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated organizational, leadership, analytical, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and implement plans, specifications, and other contract documents.
- General knowledge of solicitation, negotiation, award, and management of subcontracts.
- Ability to create baseline schedules using logic/constraints.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, Project, Phoenix, and Procore with the aptitude to learn other construction-related software applications.
- General knowledge of AIA contract documents, and cost-plus GMP contracts.
- A successful candidate must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
Harkins Builders is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.