Project Engineer I
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Work closely with Project Manager, assistant Project Manager, or Site Manager in field assignment.
- Ability to lead, manage, and instruct on-site assigned personnel, providing them with a positive work environment with opportunity for growth and training.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret plans, specifications, and shop drawings, and to ensure that the project is constructed in strict accordance with the Contract Documents.
- Working knowledge of AIA Contract Documents, contract law, and subcontracts.
- Demonstrated ability to interact, communicate, and function professionally with all parties associated with the project.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and maintain activities of a job site office.
- Ability to utilize technology and computer programs to assist in the performance of job duties.
- Thorough knowledge of all construction trades, including surveying and engineering procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of cost accounting systems and Company policies and procedures.
- Strict adherence to safety and cleanliness throughout the project.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manipulate, and maintain project schedules.
- Demonstrated understanding in estimating, contracting, cost reporting, project accounting, logs and documentation, shop drawing and submittal process, meetings, quality assurance, safety, scheduling, field applications, and project close-out.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Three (3) years of experience in field construction.
- Proficient with construction terminology, general contracts, and subcontracts.
- Proficient with reading, interpreting, and modifying construction plans/specs as it relates to the general contract.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage assigned personnel effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the owner, design team, site team, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to organize necessary resources to meet deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Ability to use construction management software, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Procore, and other web-based or mobile document and project management solutions.
Harkins Builders is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.