Project Engineer II
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Work closely with lead superintendent or superintendent in field assignment.
- Supervise assigned subcontracted trades in the field.
- Review shop drawings.
- Process submittals, change orders, and requisitions.
- Understand, utilize, and help create schedules.
- Understand, utilize, and abide by contracts.
- Participate in job reviews.
- Understand, utilize, and help maintain site logs and daily reports.
- Participate in safety inspections.
- Follow quality control procedures for quality assurance.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Three (3) years of experience in field construction.
- Proficient with construction terminology, general contracts, and subcontracts.
- Proficient with reading, interpreting, and modifying construction plans/specs as it relates to the general contract.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage assigned personnel effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the owner, design team, site team, trade partners, and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to organize necessary resources to meet deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Ability to use construction management software, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Procore, and other web-based or mobile document and project management solutions.
Harkins Builders is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.