Project Controls Engineer
- Assist project teams in preparing detailed baseline schedules for assigned projects using Primavera P6 software, and other scheduling software as necessary. Meet with project teams regularly to assist them in reviewing, updating, and analyzing the project schedule.
- Draft schedule narratives, time-impact analyses, delay matrixes, and other correspondence as it relates to construction schedules and time-related issues.
- Provide training to field personnel in the use of Phoenix Project Manager, Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, and other scheduling software as needed and requested.
- Generate and teach project teams to generate detailed work plans and schedule reports as required including 30, 60, and 90-day look ahead schedules and other reports as requested.
- Ensure that site teams on assigned projects continually monitor and update their schedule progress between monthly updates and assist them by proposing solutions and mitigation plans for coordination issues, sequencing issues, and other time-related impacts as they occur.
- Four (4)-year bachelor’s in construction management, engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of two years of experience using scheduling software applications.
- Several years of field experience in multi-family and/or commercial construction.
- Self-starter with the ability to self-manage.
- Detail oriented.
- Proven team leader with excellent communication skills (verbally and in writing).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow-up skills.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to manage critical issues as it relates to scheduling.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively, thoroughly, and efficiently as it relates to scheduling.
- Proficient with construction management software, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Procore, Microsoft Project, Phoenix, P6, and other web-based or mobile document and project management solutions.
Harkins Builders is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.