Virtual Design and Construction Engineer
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for leading the Virtual Design and Construction efforts for Harkins Builders, Inc.
- Contribute to the establishment of Harkins’ strategic direction for VDC and BIM implementation.
- Evaluating and advancing additional uses of BIM including Marketing, Quantity Takeoff/Estimating, Virtual / Augmented Reality and schedule visualizations.
- Advancing the use and integration of construction technologies into Harkins Processes and Procedures.
- Lead the coordination efforts during preconstruction and construction phases including conducting regular coordination meetings with project teams using the BIM model to locate coordination issues and suggest solutions to mitigate those issues.
- Maintain, and create as necessary, BIM models for major projects to enable other BIM uses.
- Prepare documents and BIM model(s) for constructability review in preconstruction and assist project teams with finding errors in document sets to provide to the design team before construction begins.
- Review and organize design models for use by Harkins and its subcontractors.
- Coordinate shop drawings and fabrication models received from subcontractors to ensure there are no issues before submitting to the architect / engineer for approval.
- Maintain professional and cordial relationships with all project stakeholders and be responsible for effectively communicating (verbally and in writing) the BIM model, potential coordination issues, and solutions to these issues to those stakeholders.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Four (4)-year bachelor’s in construction management, engineering, or related degree.
- Minimum of two years of experience using BIM software applications such as Revit, Navisworks, and the Autodesk Suite.
- Field experience in multi-family and/or commercial construction preferred.
- Experience running coordination meetings with project teams and executives preferred.
- Proven team leader with excellent communication skills (verbally and in writing).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow-up skills.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to manage critical issues as they arise.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively, thoroughly, and efficiently in all situations.
- Strong technical writing ability.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 required.
- Experience with Procore or other related construction management software preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, or other related scheduling software preferred