Superintendent (Patuxent River, MD)
Harkins is seeking a superintendent to join our team. Ideal candidate should have at least 10 years of experience in commercial construction with an emphasis on General Contracting.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the production schedule and ensure the proper sequencing of construction activities such that the subcontractors can operate profitably and efficiently.
- With guidance from Site Manager, administer the subcontracts and purchase contracts within the context of the General Contract and Contract Documents.
- Manage on-site assigned personnel, providing a positive work environment for professional and personal growth.
- Proficient with reading, understanding, and interpreting plans, specifications, shop drawings, contracts, and other documents.
- General knowledge of AIA contract documents and the Contract Documents for the project.
- Knowledgeable with material control and company policies and procedures.
- Knowledgeable with all construction trades, including surveying and engineering procedures.
- General knowledge of cost accounting systems and company policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally and ethically with all parties associated with the project.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Cumulative total of three (3) years of progressive experience in construction.
- Firm understanding to lead, coach, and train team members; monitor their work for quality and completeness; and foster a positive work environment that encourages the personal and professional growth of all team members.
- General knowledge of estimating, scheduling, budget/cost control, negotiation, field supervision, and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated organizational, leadership, analytical, and communication skills necessary to organize resources, including people, materials, equipment, tools, and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and implement plans, specifications, and other contract documents.
- Ability to calmly and professionally resolve or escalate issues with subcontractors and other third parties in a timely manner.
- General knowledge of solicitation, negotiation, award, and management of subcontracts, including without limitations, preparation of bid and subcontract scope language.
- Ability to create baseline schedules using logic/constraints.
- Ability to use construction management software, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Procore, and other web-based or mobile document and project management solutions.
- General knowledge of AIA contract documents, and in particular cost plus GMP contracts.