ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the production schedule and ensure the proper sequencing of construction activities such that the trade partners can operate profitably and efficiently.
- With guidance from site manager, administer the subcontracts and purchase contracts within the context of the General Contract and Contract Documents.
- Manage all on-site personnel, providing a positive work environment for professional and personal growth.
- Proficient with reading, understanding, and interpreting plans, specifications, shop drawings, contracts, and other documents.
- General knowledge of AIA contract documents and the Contract Documents for the project.
- Knowledgeable with material control and company policies and procedures.
- Knowledgeable with all construction trades, including surveying and engineering procedures.
- General knowledge of cost accounting systems and company policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally and ethically with all parties associated with the project.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Cumulative total of three (3) years of progressive experience in construction.
- Firm understanding to lead, coach, and train team members; monitor their work for quality and completeness; and foster a positive work environment that encourages the personal and professional growth of all team members.
- General knowledge of estimating, scheduling, budget/cost control, negotiation, field supervision, and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated organizational, leadership, analytical, and communication skills necessary to organize resources, including people, materials, equipment, tools, and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and implement plans, specifications, and other contract documents.
- Ability to calmly and professionally resolve or escalate issues with trade partners and other third parties in a timely manner.
- General knowledge of solicitation, negotiation, award, and management of subcontracts, including without limitations, preparation of bid and subcontract scope language.
- Ability to create baseline schedules using logic/constraints.
- Ability to use construction management software, including Office 365, Microsoft Project, Procore, and other web-based or mobile document and project management solutions.
- General knowledge of AIA contract documents, and in particular cost plus GMP contracts.
Harkins Builders is an equal opportunity employer. The company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, as well as to all its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, the company provides reasonable accommodation to any disabled applicant in connection with the employment process, as well as to its employees in connection with all aspects of their employment.