Senior Scheduler (Senior Project Controls Engineer)
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist project teams in preparing detailed baseline schedules for assigned projects using Primavera P6 software, and other scheduling software as necessary. Meet with project teams regularly to assist them in reviewing, updating, and analyzing the project schedule.
- Draft schedule narratives, time-impact analyses, delay matrixes, and other correspondence as it relates to construction schedules and time-related issues.
- Ensure that every project receives a detailed, multi-stage schedule review in preconstruction prior to the final submission of a budget or bid to a client.
- Create & utilize systems that can collect data from all aspects of Harkins’ operations and analyze that data to provide insight into areas of strength and weakness and facilitate effective decision-making by company leaders.
- Utilize business intelligence other analytics tools to advance data analytics and data-driven decision-making within the entire organization.
- Provide training to field personnel in the use of Phoenix Project Manager, Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, and other scheduling software as needed and requested.
- Ensure that site teams on assigned projects continually monitor and update their schedule progress between monthly updates and assist them by proposing solutions and mitigation plans for coordination issues, sequencing issues, and other time-related impacts as they occur.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient with scheduling software such as Primavera P6, Phoenix Project Manager, Microsoft Project, or similar.
- Experience with construction management software such as Procore or similar.
- Experience with business intelligence and analysis software such as Power BI, Tableau, or similar.
- Self-starter with the ability to self-manage.
- Proven team leader with excellent communication skills (verbally and in writing).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow-up skills.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to manage critical issues as it relates to scheduling
Harkins is an equal opportunity employer. The company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, as well as to all its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, the company provides reasonable accommodation to any disabled applicant in connection with the employment process, as well as to its employees in connection with all aspects of their employment.