Quality Control Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train field personnel on all aspects of the quality control program including initial setup of the QC workbook, setup and execution of the project testing plan, proper execution of each of the four phases of control, and documentation of each of the four phases of control in Procore.
- Continually review, update, and make improvements to the Quality Control plan and associated procedures with the help of Project Solutions.
- Establish standards and procedures for submittal management and review, train and manage our submittal managers, in those standards and procedures with the help of Project Solutions.
- Communicate with the VP of Construction Excellence to support project teams throughout the Quality Control process and assisting project teams with specific quality-related issues as they arise on an as-needed basis.
- Assist/Meet with Project Executives and Project Managers by relaying expectations to improve the consistency of all our project teams and train them in the use of QA Audits and scoring standards.
- Assist individuals through one-on-one meetings and training to understand their individual needs to make them as effective as possible.
- Meet with project teams quarterly to review the QA audit form and assist them where needed, while providing the tips and tricks to make them more efficient.
- Work with future training support staff, providing them with the resources and contacts to develop curriculum and content for a robust technical knowledge training program for all field personnel.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four (4)-year bachelor’s in construction management, engineering, or related discipline.
- At least five years of construction field experience.
- Self-starter with the ability to self-manage.
- Proven team leader with excellent communication skills (verbally and in writing).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow-up skills.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to manage critical issues as they relate to Quality Control.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve effectively, thoroughly, and efficiently as it relates to Quality Control issues.
- Proficient with Procore, Microsoft Office 365 (Including SharePoint, OneDrive, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Phoenix, and other web-based or mobile document and project management solutions.
Harkins is an equal opportunity employer. The company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, as well as to all its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, the company provides reasonable accommodation to any disabled applicant in connection with the employment process, as well as to its employees in connection with all aspects of their employment.