Quality Control Inspector
Baltimore / Washington
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overview all Quality Control functions and activities of a project or its parts.
- Responsible for the review of the four phases of work for every Definable Feature of Work.
- Responsible for the Quality Control inspections and review of Quality Control records for the project.
- Review the implementation of the Quality Control Plan on site.
- Work with on-site assigned personnel, providing a positive work environment for professional and personal growth.
- Proficient with reading, understanding, and interpreting plans, specifications, shop drawings, contracts, and other documents.
- General knowledge of AIA contract documents and the Contract Documents for the project.
- Knowledgeable of Company policies and procedures.
- Knowledgeable with all construction trades, including surveying and engineering procedures.
- General knowledge of cost accounting systems and Company policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally and ethically with all parties associated with the project.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Four (4)-year degree in an accredited construction-related curriculum, architecture, engineering (BSCE, BSAE, etc.). or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in multifamily and renovation construction.
- Active Corps of Engineers CQC Certification.
- Firm understanding to lead, coach, and train team members; monitor their work for quality and completeness; and foster a positive work environment that encourages the personal and professional growth of all team members.
- Demonstrated organizational, leadership, analytical, and communication skills necessary to organize resources, including people, materials, equipment, tools, and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and implement plans, specifications, and other contract documents.
- Ability to calmly and professionally resolve or escalate issues with subcontractors and other third parties in a timely manner.
- Ability to use construction management software, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Procore, One Note, and other web-based or mobile document and project management solutions.