ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the preconstruction phase of assigned projects, including attending design meetings and preparation of bid scopes and preliminary preconstruction and construction schedules.
- Perform project administration from construction start through project completion as directed by the project manager on assigned projects.
- Fully understand contract scope and ensures subcontract scopes are fully aligned with the scope of work.
- Maintain a positive working environment for the entire site team.
- Maintain professionalism and integrity in all contacts and dealings.
- Promote a positive corporate image through professional and fair business relationships.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four (4)-year degree in an accredited construction-related curriculum (i.e. BSCE and BSAE) or experience equivalent.
- Cumulative total of at least five (5) years of progressive experience in ground-up new construction, preferably prior employment as site manager, superintendent, or project engineer II on negotiated or hard bid projects.
- Firm understanding to lead, coach, and train team members; monitor their work for quality and completeness; and foster a positive work environment that encourages the personal and professional growth of all team members.
- Firm understanding of project management, estimating, scheduling, budget/cost control, negotiation, field supervision, and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated organizational, leadership, analytical, and communication skills, including the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner, and to organize necessary resources (people, materials, equipment, tools, and time) to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and implement plans, specifications, and other contract documents.
- Ability to calmly and professionally resolve or escalate issues with clients, trade partners, and other third parties in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of solicitation, negotiation, award, and management of subcontracts, including without limitations, preparation of bid and subcontract scope language.
- Understanding of scheduling logic/constraints.
- Proficient with software such as Office 365, Microsoft Project, Procore, and other web-based construction project management solutions.
- Knowledge of AIA contract documents, and in particular cost plus GMP contracts.
- OSHA 30 Certification.
- Certifications for CCM, PMP, PSP, DRMP, CEP, and LEED accredited professional status are encouraged.
Harkins is an equal opportunity employer. The company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, as well as to all its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, the company provides reasonable accommodation to any disabled applicant in connection with the employment process, as well as to its employees in connection with all aspects of their employment.