ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the preconstruction phase of assigned projects.
- Facilitate construction start through project closing as a liaison with the owner of assigned projects.
- Ensure contract scope is understood by the entire site management team.
- Supervise and evaluate assigned personnel and maintain a positive working environment for the entire site team.
- Understand and actively participate in the business development objectives of the Company and the division.
- Maintain professionalism and integrity in all contacts and dealings.
- Promote a positive company image through professional and fair business relationships and community service.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Four (4)-year degree in an accredited construction-related curriculum (BSCE, BSAE, etc.) or experience equivalent to a 4-year degree.
- Cumulative total of at least seven (7) years of progressive experience in ground-up new construction, preferably including prior employment as Project Manager, assistant Project Manager, or site manager on negotiated or hard bid projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and train team members; monitor their work for quality and completeness; and foster a positive work environment that encourages the personal and professional growth of all team members.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects and teams.
- Demonstrated high level of achievement in the areas of project management, estimating, scheduling, budget/cost control, negotiation, field supervision, and financial reporting.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, analytical, and communication skills, including the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner, and to organize necessary resources, including people, materials, equipment, tools, and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
- High functional ability to understand, interpret, and implement plans, specifications, and other contract documents.
- Demonstrated ability to calmly and professionally resolve or escalate issues with clients, subcontractors, and other third parties in a timely manner.
- Substantial knowledge of and experience with solicitation, negotiation, award, and management of subcontracts, including without limitations, preparation of bid and subcontract scope language.
- Understanding of scheduling logic/constraints.
- Proficient with construction management software, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Procore, and other web-based and project management solutions.
- Substantial knowledge of AIA contract documents, and in particular cost plus GMP contracts.
- OSHA 30 Certification.
- Certifications for CCM, PMP, PSP, DRMP, CEP, and LEED Accredited Professional Status are encouraged.