ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform Government construction take-offs.
- Assist with analyzing and coordinating plans and specifications.
- Assist with applying unit costs to develop conceptual estimates.
- Perform site analysis, cut fill studies, and nontechnical analysis.
- Solicit and build relationships with subcontractors for projects.
- Under guidance of the Director of Preconstruction, work with owner’s team to finalize contract documents.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Coursework towards a Bachelor’s Degree or applicable to estimating.
- Minimum of one-year experience in estimating.
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experienced with Microsoft Project, Insite, and On Screen Takeoff (or similar estimating software) a plus.
- Knowledgeable with CSI format and ability to read and interpret plans and specs.
- General knowledge of construction industry, scheduling, contract law, and contract negotiations.
- Familiar with regional market place, pricing, and subcontractor community.
- Field experience a plus.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to multitask and cope with many issues.
- Team player with ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact and function professionally with all parties.