ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the bid process for projects in various stages of design.
- Perform commercial and multifamily construction take-offs.
- Maintain current knowledge and use of all local and state building codes and public funding source design standards.
- Assist with analyzing and coordinating plans and specifications.
- Assist with applying unit costs to develop conceptual estimates.
- Perform site analysis, cut fill studies, and geotechnical analysis.
- Solicit and build relationships with trade partners for projects.
- Formulate and coordinate project bid campaigns using in-house tools.
- Select specific trade partners whose services fit the project criteria in all six divisions and develop, coordinate, and issue all project correspondence to the project principles.
- Develop a relationship with trade partners through conceptual budgeting and project bid-out.
- Develop, record, and recall trend cost information for budgeting.
- Under the guidance of the director of preconstruction, work with the owner’s team to finalize contract documents.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or other related disciplines
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in estimating
- Demonstrated ability to understand construction plans and specs
- Knowledge of management fundamentals
- Ability to use relevant software, such as Phoenix, Insite, Procore, On-Screen Takeoff, and Office 365
- Good communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Knowledgeable with CSI format
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications
- General knowledge of the construction industry, scheduling, contract law, and contract negotiations
- Familiar with the regional marketplace, pricing, and subcontractor community
- Project lifecycle training rotation
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and cope with many challenges
- Team player with the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact and function professionally with all parties