ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the bid process for projects in various stages of design.
- Perform commercial and multifamily construction take-offs.
- Maintain current knowledge and use of all local and state building codes and public funding source design standards.
- Assist with analyzing and coordinating plans and specifications.
- Assist with applying unit costs to develop conceptual estimates.
- Perform site analysis, cut fill studies, and geotechnical analysis.
- Solicit and build relationships with trade partners for projects.
- Formulate and coordinate project bid campaigns using in-house tools.
- Select specific trade partners whose services fit the project criteria in all six divisions and develop, coordinate, and issue all project correspondence to the project principles.
- Develop a relationship with trade partners through conceptual budgeting and project bid-out.
- Develop, record, and recall trend cost information for budgeting.
- Under the guidance of the director of preconstruction, work with the owner’s team to finalize contract documents.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or other related disciplines
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in estimating
- Demonstrated ability to understand construction plans and specs
- Knowledge of management fundamentals
- Ability to use relevant software, such as Phoenix, Insite, Procore, On-Screen Takeoff, and Office 365
- Good communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Knowledgeable with CSI format
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications
- General knowledge of the construction industry, scheduling, contract law, and contract negotiations
- Familiar with the regional marketplace, pricing, and subcontractor community
- Project lifecycle training rotation
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and cope with many challenges
- Team player with the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact and function professionally with all parties
Harkins is an equal opportunity employer. The company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, as well as to all its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, the company provides reasonable accommodation to any disabled applicant in connection with the employment process, as well as to its employees in connection with all aspects of their employment.