ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform commercial and multi-family construction take-offs.
• Assist with analyzing and coordinating plans and specifications.
• Assist with applying unit costs to develop conceptual estimates.
• Perform site analysis, cut fill studies, and geotechnical analysis.
• Solicit and build relationships with subcontractors for projects.
• Under the guidance of the senior estimator and preconstruction manager, work with owner’s team to finalize contract documents.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Coursework towards a bachelor’s degree or applicable to estimating.
• Minimum of one-year experience in estimating.
• Experienced with Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Experienced with Microsoft Project, Insite, and On Screen Takeoff (or similar estimating software) a plus.
• Knowledgeable with CSI format and ability to read and interpret plans and specs.
• General knowledge of construction industry, scheduling, contract law, and contract negotiations.
• Familiar with regional market place, pricing, and subcontractor community.
• Field experience a plus.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to multi-task and cope with many issues.
• Team player with ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to interact and function professionally with all parties.