Business Development / Proposal Manager (Government)
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and track new Government clients in the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, and Southeast regions, pursuing new business development leads for future projects.
- Prepare Capabilities Statements, Sources Sought responses and engage with government decision makers in an effort to shape opportunities that align with Harkins capabilities and past performance.
- Manage all government phase 1 or 2 proposals from inception to completion, including reading RFP’s, developing execution plan, technical writing, assembling, set up and attend review team meetings, and submission utilizing Government team members and Marketing teams when needed
- Thorough understanding of the Company’s preconstruction and construction process, particularly design build projects.
- Network regularly with existing clients and new clients at various associations within the community.
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with clients and the preconstruction teams.
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally with clients, architects, engineers, consultants, executives, and corporate staff.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, marketing, or related discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in construction business development.
- Excellent understanding of preconstruction and construction operations.
- Understanding of the Local, County, State, and Federal procurement process.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Thrives in a network environment and confident to take on a challenge.
- Assertive, self-starter, with a positive take-charge attitude.
- Ability to accept rejection and quickly rise to the next opportunity.
- Closing mentality from lead to project.
- Creative and a green light thinker.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software applications and client relationship management software (Salesforce).
- Extremely professional and confidential.