ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform commercial and multi-family construction take-offs.
- Assist with analyzing and coordinating plans and specifications.
- Assist with applying unit costs to develop conceptual estimates.
- Perform site analysis, cut fill studies, and geotechnical analysis.
- Solicit and build relationships with trade partners for projects.
- Under the guidance of the senior estimator and preconstruction manager, work with the owner’s team to finalize contract documents.
- Assist with creating construction budgets based on preliminary and schematic documents.
- Assist the senior estimator and preconstruction manager with the architects, engineers, and owners in the development of plans and specifications that are within the proposed budget limitations.
- Assist with the trade partner bidding and scoping of projects to help develop construction budgets.
- Formulate and coordinate project bid campaigns using in-house tools (i.e. select specific trade partners whose services fit the project criteria in all 16 divisions) and develop, coordinate, and issue all project correspondence to the project principles.
- Develop a relationship with trade partners through conceptual budgeting and project bid-out.
- Develop, record, and recall trend cost information for budgeting.
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects.
- Attend required corporate meetings, training programs, and Harkins University seminars/webinars.
- Other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or related discipline.
- Construction field or office experience (intern/co-op).
- Knowledge of construction terminology and general contractor duties.
- Working knowledge of construction plans and specs.
- Good communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of scheduling fundamentals.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Phoenix scheduling and Procore are a plus.
- Experienced with Phoenix, Insite, and On-Screen Takeoff or similar estimating software.
- Knowledgeable with CSI format and ability to read and interpret plans and specs.
- General knowledge of the construction industry, scheduling, contract law, and contract negotiations.
- Familiar with the regional marketplace, pricing, and trade partner community.
- Project Lifecycle Training Rotation.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and cope with many issues.
- Team player with the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact and function professionally with all parties.
Harkins is an equal opportunity employer. The company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, as well as to all its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, the company provides reasonable accommodation to any disabled applicant in connection with the employment process, as well as to its employees in connection with all aspects of their employment.