Corporate Safety Director
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strong leader and effective communicator.
- Work closely with the project controls executive to champion Harkins’ safety culture.
- Continually strive to improve our safety program’s quality, effectiveness, and support throughout the organization.
- Remain current on local, state, and federal regulations as they pertain to construction safety and implement all best safety practices within the company.
- Visit project sites regularly to ensure the implementation of Federal and local safety regulations and the company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct training for employees on safety policies (i.e., OSHA 10, OSHA 30, OSHA updates, Silica, First Aid & CPR, etc.).
- Communicate professionally with site teams, federal agencies, insurance companies, executives, and corporate staff.
- Develop and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with OSHA, VOSH, MOSH, and other safety-related government entities.
- Develop and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with our Trade Partners to ensure the highest level of safety compliance.
- Direct supervisor for safety officers and outside safety consultants on the safety team.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in safety management, ES&H management, construction management, or related discipline.
- A minimum of ten (10) years in safety management.
- OSHA 30 hour certified and first aid/CPR certified.
- OSHA 500 instruction course required.
- Extremely knowledgeable with governmental ES&H standards, rules, and regulations and proficient with applying them to construction projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe work practices and experience with conducting accident investigations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Office 365 and Procore project management software.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with all levels of the company, federal and state representatives, company insurance carrier, and outside vendors.
- Valid driver’s license required.