Commercial Senior Estimator
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform commercial construction take-offs.
- Thorough understanding and interpretation of plans and specifications and the ability to recognize value engineering opportunities.
- Ability to conceptualize and create construction budgets based on preliminary and schematic documents.
- Ability to estimate and control design of design-build projects.
- Review the scope and finalize the construction budget for the transition to the project manager and site team.
- Ability to create a pre-construction design schedule to utilize through the pre-construction process.
- Analyze and coordinate plans and specifications.
- Apply unit costs to develop conceptual estimates.
- Perform site analysis, cut fill studies, and geotechnical analysis.
- Actively seek out new work through all possible sources.
- Solicit subcontractors for projects.
- Seek out and maintain the trade partner network.
- Engage and work with project managers on all projects.
- Work with the owner and architect to develop and finalize contract documents.
- Oversee assigned estimators’ work, coaching and mentoring to enhance personal and professional development
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, business, or related discipline.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of experience in estimating.
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experienced with Microsoft Project, InSite, and On-Screen Takeoff or similar estimating software.
- Knowledgeable with CSI formats and the ability to read and interpret plans and specs.
- Knowledgeable in the construction industry, scheduling, contract law, contract types, and contract negotiations.
- Knowledgeable with the regional marketplace, pricing, and subcontractor community.
- Field experience a plus.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with many issues, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong negotiating and supervisory skills.
- Team player with the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact and function professionally with all parties.
Harkins is an equal opportunity employer. The company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, as well as to all its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, the company provides reasonable accommodation to any disabled applicant in connection with the employment process, as well as to its employees in connection with all aspects of their employment.