Commercial Senior Estimator
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform commercial construction take-offs.
- Thorough understanding and interpretation of plans and specifications and the ability to recognize value engineering opportunities.
- Ability to conceptualize and create construction budgets based on preliminary and schematic documents.
- Ability to estimate and control design of design-build projects.
- Review the scope and finalize the construction budget for the transition to the project manager and site team.
- Ability to create a pre-construction design schedule to utilize through the pre-construction process.
- Analyze and coordinate plans and specifications.
- Apply unit costs to develop conceptual estimates.
- Perform site analysis, cut fill studies, and geotechnical analysis.
- Actively seek out new work through all possible sources.
- Solicit subcontractors for projects.
- Seek out and maintain the trade partner network.
- Engage and work with project managers on all projects.
- Work with the owner and architect to develop and finalize contract documents.
- Oversee assigned estimators’ work, coaching and mentoring to enhance personal and professional development
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, business, or related discipline.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of experience in estimating.
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experienced with Microsoft Project, InSite, and On-Screen Takeoff or similar estimating software.
- Knowledgeable with CSI formats and the ability to read and interpret plans and specs.
- Knowledgeable in the construction industry, scheduling, contract law, contract types, and contract negotiations.
- Knowledgeable with the regional marketplace, pricing, and subcontractor community.
- Field experience a plus.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with many issues, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong negotiating and supervisory skills.
- Team player with the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact and function professionally with all parties.