Commercial Lead Superintendent
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead site team from construction start through project closing as a liaison with the owner of assigned project.
- Ensure contract scope is understood by the entire site management team.
- Generate and maintain a baseline production schedule for the project, ensuring proper sequencing of construction activities to allow subcontractors to operate efficiently and profitably.
- Administer and maintain an effective Quality Control Plan.
- Administer subcontracts and purchase contracts within the context of the General Contract and Contract Documents and review and approve all invoices and requisitions to ensure correct payment to vendor.
- Oversee a safe working environment.
- Supervise and evaluate assigned personnel and maintain a positive working environment for the entire site team.
- Maintain professionalism and integrity in all contacts and dealings.
- Promote a positive company image through professional and fair business relationships and community service.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Four (4)-year degree in an accredited construction-related curriculum (BSCE, BSAE, etc.) or experience equivalent to a 4-year degree.
- Cumulative total of five (5) years of progressive experience in ground-up new construction and/or rehabilitation construction.
- Firm understanding to lead, coach, and train team members; monitor their work for quality and completeness; and foster a positive work environment that encourages the personal and professional growth of all team members.
- Firm understanding of project management, estimating, scheduling, budget/cost control, negotiation, field supervision, and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated organizational, leadership, analytical, and communication skills, including the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner, and to organize necessary resources, including people, materials, equipment, tools, and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and implement plans, specifications, and other contract documents.
- Ability to calmly and professionally resolve issues with clients, subcontractors, and other third parties in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of solicitation, negotiation, award, and management of subcontracts, including without limitations, assisting with the preparation of bid and subcontract scope language.
- Understanding of scheduling logic/constraints.
- Proficient with construction management software, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Procore, and other web-based or mobile document and project management solutions.
- Knowledge of AIA contract documents, and in particular cost plus GMP contracts.
- OSHA 30 Certification.
- Certifications for CCM (Certified Construction Manager), PMP (Project Management Professional), PSP (Planning and Scheduling Professional), DRMP (Decision and Risk Management Professional), CEP (Certified Estimating Professional), and LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) a plus.
Harkins is an equal opportunity employer. The company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, as well as to all its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, the company provides reasonable accommodation to any disabled applicant in connection with the employment process, as well as to its employees in connection with all aspects of their employment.