The Harkins internship program provides college undergraduates with an opportunity to apply classroom learning to real construction projects, gain work experience, and learn more about our company. Internships include company training and social activities, and frequently lead to full-time positions. During the program, interns are assigned to work on a project in the field or in our flagship office.
- Inspect project during all phases of construction.
- Process submittals and RFIs through Procore.
- Coordinate workflow and activities of multiple trades in a high-production environment.
- Conduct walk-throughs and develop punch lists.
- Interact with clients, architects, and other partners.
- Work with the design team through preconstruction.
- Perform commercial and multi-family construction take-offs.
- Assist with analyzing and coordinating plans and specifications.
- Perform site analysis, cut fill studies, and geotechnical analysis.
- Solicit subcontractor proposals and scope review for incoming bids.
Skills We Are Looking For
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Superior planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Savvy with software applications.
Internship Program Events
- Participate in a group intern project.
- Engage with Harkins executives during orientation, intern lunches, and training sessions.
- Participate in multiple Harkins sponsored social networking events.
- Team building through Harkins sponsored volunteer events.