Do you want to work for a company with an inspiring culture, an emphasis on training and personal development, and excellent growth opportunities?
Harkins is an employee-owned company operating in the Mid-Atlantic region and Carolinas. Averaging 30 projects and over $400 million of construction per year, we provide a challenging and diverse work environment. Because most of our work is negotiated, we are involved from the conceptual phase forward and are an integral part of the overall development team.
With offices in Maryland, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina, we have a location for you.
It is our goal to attract and retain the best people in the business, and that is one of the reasons we have a comprehensive benefits package that serves the health and wellbeing of our employees. We are most proud of being an employee-owned company through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The ESOP provides each employee the opportunity to share in the success of the company and build a substantial savings for retirement. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a match and a profit sharing plan.
- Employee ownership through Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) with matching employer contribution
- Profit sharing plan
- Position-based bonus plans
- Paid vacation, sick, and parental leave
- 100% tuition reimbursement plan
- Group medical, prescription, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Group voluntary life and disability insurance plans
- Employer-paid life and AD&D insurance plan
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness and health advocacy programs
- Pet insurance
- Training (Harkins University, UMBC Leadership, additional internal/external programs) and Certifications (OSHA 30, CPR/First Aid, job-specific)
- Mentoring and coaching programs
Community / Social
Harkins has a long tradition of giving back to the community, and we like nothing better than getting together with our teammates to contribute our talent and time to a worthy cause. Learn more about Harkins community service.
We also like to get together with our fellow members of the Harkins family to relax and have a good time. Whether it’s a golf outing, a team trip to an escape room, or our annual company picnic, there are lots of opportunities to enjoy our work and social life together.
Harkins Builders is an equal opportunity employer. The company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, as well as to all of its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, the company provides reasonable accommodation to any disabled applicant in connection with the employment process, as well as to its employees in connection with all aspects of their employment.