Chief Operating Officer
Larry used to keep his career goals typed up and posted where he could see them every day. Now he shares the responsibility for setting and achieving the company’s goals. He has his finger on the pulse of all Harkins projects, understands the needs of our clients, and has a clear and open mind about what our people need to do to succeed.
Larry is responsible for Harkins construction and preconstruction operations, overseeing our Multifamily, Commercial, Government, and Northeast groups. He previously led our Preconstruction, Marketing, and Business Development Departments, where he increasingly took on the role of partnering with clients to find the best solutions for their development and construction needs.
Larry likes to delegate, giving people the freedom to do their best, while holding them accountable to commitments. One of his greatest virtues is his responsiveness, whether it’s an urgent request from a client, or an ordinary email from a Harkins employee.
- MBA in Finance, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1995
- BS in Building Construction, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1988
- Harkins Builders Board of Directors
- Harkins ESOP Trustee
- Maryland Affordable Housing Coalition
- Advisory Board, Meyers Lawson School of Construction at Virginia Tech
- Leadership Maryland, 2010
- Leadership Howard County, 2006
- Harkins Executive Leadership Program