SVP and General Counsel
Harkins has looked to Jim for his wise counsel since 1989, when we first engaged him in private practice. Before joining Harkins, Jim provided legal and counseling services to owners, contractors, subcontractors, and sureties relating to the avoidance and management of risks and claims on public and private construction projects in the U.S. and overseas.
In 2013 we were delighted Jim accepted the invitation to join our executive leadership on a full-time basis. In addition to working to minimize risk for our company — and therefore for our clients — and handling contractual, compliance, insurance, human resources, and other matters, Jim sits on the senior executive leadership panel, where his incisive mind is highly valued.
- JD, T.C. Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond
- BS in Biology, Hampden-Sydney College
Licenses and Memberships
- Licensed to practice law and in good standing in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia
- Member of Bar, various courts, including U.S. Supreme Court
- Member of Maryland, Virginia, and DC Bar Associations
- Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America
- Rebuilding Together Howard County Board
- Hampden-Sydney College Gridiron Club Advisory Board
- National Eagle Scout Association lifetime member
- Harkins Executive Leadership Program