Chief Executive Officer
Harkins president since 2016, Gary has been a champion for the growth and transformation of our company, including the relocation and design of our headquarters office. He is overseeing the company’s strategic growth initiatives in project diversity, geographic footprint, and annual volume, and is leading the effort to provide exceptional quality of service across people, divisions, and processes.
Gary joined Harkins in 1991 as controller after managing the Harkins account at Reznick, Fedder & Silverman. Mr. Harkins was president and CEO. Gary is passionate about the reputation built by the leaders that came before him, as well as our commitment to corporate citizenship and helping those who are less fortunate.
As the company’s chief financial officer, he helped to grow annual revenues and to build a position of financial corporate health that is unequaled in the industry. In 2002 he oversaw the creation of Harkins’ Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), which transferred majority ownership of the company to its employees. Harkins is now 100% employee-owned.
- BS in Accounting, University of Maryland, 1982
- ABC’s CEO Roundtable
- Heroes in Health Care Chairman
- Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake Board
- Howard County Hospital Foundation Board
- Catholic Charities 2018 Dragon Boat Races Chairman
- Catholic Charities Development Committee Board
- Howard County Good Scout Board
- Leadership Howard County, 2011
- Harkins Executive Leadership Program