President’s Message: Harkins’ Response to COVID-19
To Our Clients and Trade Partners:
I wanted to let you know that we are constantly monitoring developments regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and implementing plans and procedures responsive to the information we are receiving from the CDC, OSHA, federal and local authorities, and our other business partners. The safety of all project participants is of critical importance to us, so we are seeking your cooperation and assistance in mitigating the spread and impact of COVID-19 in our offices, jobsites, and other places where we conduct our business.
We have implemented the following procedures that will be in place for such time as is necessary under the circumstances:
- CDC and OSHA recommendations for the prevention and spread of COVID-19 will be posted in conspicuous places around our jobsites, and we will be monitoring compliance.
- All workers are requested to maintain a social distance of six (6) feet whenever reasonably possible.
- We are cleaning our jobsite trailers daily, arranging for commercial cleaners to clean and disinfect areas of the project as necessary in response to actual or suspected exposure, and supplying our projects with additional hand sanitizers.
- Any workers who have tested positive for COVID-19 or suspects exposure to COVID-19 should stay home instead of coming to the jobsite. Out of an abundance of caution, any worker who appears sick to our site personnel will be sent home.
- Meetings with our clients, subcontractors, and other business partners will be conducted online via Microsoft Teams. Those who do not have the Teams application can dial into the call via the number provided on the meeting notice.
- We are suspending topping out parties, subcontractor lunches, and project-related local community gatherings until further notice.
- We are monitoring the availability of labor, materials, equipment, and other items that may be impacted by COVID-19, and also impacts from decisions by local authorities to suspend or reduce services that support our projects (inspections, permits, plan reviews, etc.) so that we can keep all project participants updated on any impacts to schedule, resource availability, and costs.
- We request that our subcontractors, suppliers, and other business partners review and confirm the availability and delivery of materials, equipment, labor and any other items or services for which they are responsible and notify us immediately if any changes should occur.
We will continue to monitor the situation and adapt our policies and procedures as necessary, with the constant goals of keeping people safe and minimizing the impact on our projects. This is a new and uncertain situation for all of us, and your understanding and cooperation with our efforts is sincerely appreciated.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Very truly yours,