Winter Field Intern
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Expand knowledge of construction management to include plans and specifications, shop drawings, contracts, job site documentation, cost reporting, and scheduling.
- Provide a positive work environment for professional and personal growth.
- Assist supervisor in assigned area(s) of the project.
- Basic ability to maintain safety and cleanliness throughout assigned area(s).
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally and ethically with all parties associated with the project.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Coursework towards a bachelor’s degree in construction management or engineering.
- Construction management knowledge and/or experience through college coursework and/or on-the-job training.
- Basic organizational, leadership, analytical, and communication skills necessary to organize resources, including people, materials, equipment, tools, and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Basic ability to read, understand, and interpret plans, specifications, shop drawings, contracts, and other documents a plus.
- Familiar with construction management software (Procore a plus), Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project.
Harkins is an equal opportunity employer. The company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, as well as to all its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, the company provides reasonable accommodation to any disabled applicant in connection with the employment process, as well as to its employees in connection with all aspects of their employment.