Winter Field Intern
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Understand how to process shop drawings and submittals.
- Understand basic scheduling.
- Attend subcontractor meetings.
- Track job progress.
- Understand site logs, daily reports, transmittals, RFI logs, submittal logs, etc. as assigned.
- Ensure that the Company’s safety program is enforced at a zero-tolerance level on the project at all times and inform the site manager or superintendent of any safety violations on the project.
- Understand the Company’s Quality Control Program.
- Notify the site manager or superintendent of any changes or problems that may arise in your assigned area(s) to ensure compliance with the Contract Documents.
- Seek approval from the site manager or superintendent prior to the start of any work considered outside the scope of the Contract Documents.
- Maintain professionalism and integrity in all contacts and communications.
- Produce the highest quality work in accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Exceed client expectations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Construction management knowledge and/or experience through college coursework and/or on-the-job training.
- Basic organizational, leadership, analytical, and communication skills necessary to organize resources, including people, materials, equipment, tools, and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Basic ability to read, understand, and interpret plans, specifications, shop drawings, contracts, and other documents a plus.
- Familiar with construction management software (Procore a plus), Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project.
Harkins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.