Senior Project Controls Engineer
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Assist project teams in preparing detailed baseline schedules for assigned projects using Primavera P6 software, and other scheduling software as necessary. Meet with project teams regularly to assist them in reviewing, updating, and analyzing the project schedule.
- Draft schedule narratives, time-impact analyses, delay matrixes, and other correspondence as it relates to construction schedules and time-related issues.
- Ensure that every project receives a detailed, multi-stage schedule review in preconstruction prior to the final submission of a budget or bid to a client.
- Create & utilize systems that can collect data from all aspects of Harkins’ operations and analyze that data to provide insight into areas of strength and weakness and facilitate effective decision-making by company leaders.
- Utilize business intelligence other analytics tools to advance data analytics and data-driven decision-making within the entire organization.
- Provide training to field personnel in the use of Phoenix Project Manager, Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, and other scheduling software as needed and requested.
- Ensure that site teams on assigned projects continually monitor and update their schedule progress between monthly updates and assist them by proposing solutions and mitigation plans for coordination issues, sequencing issues, and other time-related impacts as they occur.
- Prepare conceptual project schedules working from bid and/or RFP documents for submissions with bids/proposals.
- Perform a detailed, multi-stage schedule review for all major projects at the various stages of the preconstruction process to ensure that every project has a fully-detailed baseline schedule prior to the start of construction.
- Perform schedule risk analyses on major projects prior to subcontract awards to identify key trades that will require a high level of performance in order to meet the project schedule so that trade partners can be selected accordingly.
- Travel to the project sites and walk the job with the site team prior to performing monthly schedule updates and proactively propose potential opportunities for schedule recovery, acceleration, and mitigation.
- Assist project teams in preparing monthly updates for assigned projects (or more frequently, if requested), along with a narrative report of all changes/impacts and other information relevant to the update.
- Discuss verbally and in writing how an event may have disrupted sequencing and/or delayed the critical path of work, and the factual basis upon which responsibility is assigned to one or more project participants based on the contemporaneous project records.
- Create and maintain a delay matrix for assigned projects to be used by the site team and PM to organize and track delays and time extensions.
- Preparation and delivery of schedule-related updates, reports, and presentations for assigned projects as required by contract.
- Create and maintain resource and cost-loaded schedules as requested by project teams and as required by the contract documents.
- Assist project teams in generating time impact analysis and delay notices as required.
- Assist project teams with changes to construction sequencing in order to improve and/or mitigate project delivery.
- Provide training for field personnel in the use of Phoenix Project Manager and other scheduling software. This training may be in groups or individually, at the project site or in the main office.
- Engage with the Analytics Department to identify needs within the organization where analytics can be used to enhance decision-making and organizational efficiencies.
- Work with executives and managers to build and distribute project and organizational level dashboards.
- Provide training to all employees on how to utilize business intelligence and analytics tools.
- Maintain and update a database of historical schedule information to be used as a resource for creating bid/proposal schedules and baseline project schedules as well as analyzing trade partner performance.
- Maintain all electronic and hard copy files and other records related to duties and responsibilities.
- Attend required corporate meetings, training programs, and Harkins University seminars/webinars and reinforce those same requirements within assigned teams.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with Microsoft Project, or similar.
- Experience with construction management software such as Procore or similar.
- Experience with business intelligence and analysis software such as Power BI, Tableau, or similar.
- Self-starter with the ability to self-manage.
- Proven team leader with excellent communication skills (verbally and in writing).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow-up skills.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to manage critical issues as it relates to scheduling.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve effectively, thoroughly, and efficiently as it relates to scheduling.
Harkins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.