ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Remain current on federal, state, and local regulations as they pertain to construction safety.
- Directing site teams in connection with safety issues on behalf of the company.
- Receive complaints and reports on safety concerns and respond accordingly.
- Investigate and report on dangerous working conditions and forward the report and recommendations to the corporate safety director, lead superintendent, and project manager for review and necessary actions to be taken.
- Inspect project sites regularly to ensure implementation of federal, state, and local safety regulations (OSHA) and company safety policies and procedures.
- Prepare and issue detailed inspection reports and communicate professionally with site teams and safety department staff.
- Thoroughly understand, administer, and enforce OSHA regulations and other federal, state, and local standards, and Company safety policies and procedures to establish and maintain a safe work environment.
- Enforce all safety regulation to ensure a safe work environment.
- Prepare detailed inspection reports for each project visit.
- Provide first aid support as necessary.
- Investigate all accidents and assist with the implementation of corrective actions
- Visit project sites at least bimonthly.
- Coach, mentor, and train employees on safety as it pertains to specific job site concerns.
- Identify safety issues, suggest a corrective course of action, and verify completion.
- Ensure that employees on-site understand Harkins’ reporting procedures when a safety incident occurs.
- Ensure that employees on site are well-educated in safe practices and have all the resources necessary to work safely.
- Enforce and practice all governmental safety regulations, project requirements, and company safety policies and procedures.
- Facilitate safety evaluation of construction sites.
- Ensure that all projects have first aid and safety supplies.
- Coordinate actions to remove any dangerous appliances or chemicals on the project sites.
- Familiar with environmental laws as they pertain to construction safety.
- Enforce all Fire Safety Plans.
- Attend required corporate meetings, training programs, and Harkins’ seminars/webinars.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of three (3) years of construction field experience or four (4)-year degree in construction, safety, or related discipline.
- OSHA 10 hour certified and First Aid/CPR certified.
- Knowledgeable with governmental ES&H (spell out) standards, rules, and regulations and proficient with applying them to construction projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe work practices.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with management and field personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with all levels of the company, federal and state representatives, company insurance carrier, and outside vendors.
Harkins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.