Quality Control Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Supervise all quality control functions and activities of a project or its parts.
- Responsible for the implementation of the four phases of work for every DFOW.
- Responsible for quality control inspections and collection of Quality Control records for the project.
- Implement the Quality Control Plan on-site.
- Assist with allocating quality control personnel to the various areas and job duties on site.
- Manage on-site assigned personnel, providing a positive work environment for professional and personal growth.
- Proficient with reading, understanding, and interpreting plans, specifications, shop drawings, contracts, and other documents.
- Knowledgeable in the EM-385 1-1 Safety Manual.
- General knowledge of AIA contract documents and the Contract Documents for the project.
- Knowledgeable of Company policies and procedures.
- Knowledgeable of all construction trades, including surveying and engineering procedures.
- General knowledge of cost accounting systems and company policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally and ethically with all parties associated with the project.
- Responsible for the Quality Control Daily Report.
- Oversee submittal review and approval process.
- Maintain all testing and inspection logs.
- Supervise inspections, reports, and documentation issued by inspectors and collect and file the required quality control records.
- Evaluate the qualifications of inspection personnel.
- Support and participate in all internal and external audits as it relates to quality control.
- Coordinate the relevant tracking systems for the correct identification of materials.
- Ensure all calibration has been completed on equipment within tolerances.
- Ensure that the Company’s safety program is enforced at a zero-tolerance level on the project site at all times in accordance with the EM385 1-1
- Ensure that the Company’s Quality Control Program is enforced. Assist with developing a site-specific quality control plan based on the Company template, conducting a thorough preconstruction meeting with every subcontractor prior to the commencement of the subcontractor’s work, as well as any other meetings and inspections required to implement the Company’s four-phase Quality Control Plan.
- Manage all testing inspections.
- Maintain as-built drawings.
- Seek approval from the supervisor prior to the start of any work considered outside the scope of the Contract Documents.
- Chair weekly quality control progress meetings with subcontractors and prepare and distribute meeting minutes in a timely manner.
- Perform punch out and pre-final inspections.
- Attend required corporate meetings, training programs, and Harkins University seminars/webinars.
- Maintain professionalism and integrity in all contacts and communications.
- Produce the highest quality project in accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Exceed client expectations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Four (4)-year degree in an accredited construction-related curriculum, architecture, or engineering (BSCE, BSAE, etc.).
- Minimum of ten years of experience in construction.
- At least five years of experience as a Construction Quality Control Manager.
- Active Corps of Engineers CQC Certification.
- Firm understanding to lead, coach, and train team members; monitor their work for quality and completeness; and foster a positive work environment that encourages the personal and professional growth of all team members.
- General knowledge of estimating, scheduling, budget/cost control, negotiation, field supervision, and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated organizational, leadership, analytical, and communication skills necessary to organize resources, including people, materials, equipment, tools, and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and implement plans, specifications, and other contract documents.
- Ability to calmly and professionally resolve or escalate issues with subcontractors and other third parties in a timely manner.
- Ability to use construction management software, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project, Procore, and other web-based or mobile document and project management solutions.
Harkins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.