Project Engineer II
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review specifications to create the submittal registry for projects, contract documents and ensure that trade partners acquire all submittals for contracts.
- Review submittals for completeness and compliance.
- Assign the review of critical shop drawings and submittals to appropriate project team members.
- Responsible for writing and processing RFIs, and keeping as-built drawings up-to-date in Procore.
- Distributing RFI responses to appropriate parties and initiating change events as a result.
- Review ASIs and CCDs when received and distribute them to appropriate stakeholders.
- Update General Conditions (Division 1 and M-Line Projections) monthly in preparation for job reviews.
- Review trade partner requisitions based on-field progress and outstanding matters.
- Review and approve invoices for the project.
- Attend and participate in preconstruction and preparatory meetings, OAC meetings, job reviews, weekly team meetings, and weekly trade partner coordination meetings.
- Process and store third-party reports, log and track deficiencies associated with the reports, and manage the documentation process and closeout.
- Manage jobsite office setup, maintenance, and demobilization.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Three (3) years of experience in field construction.
- Proficient with construction terminology, general contracts, and subcontracts.
- Proficient with reading, interpreting, and modifying construction plans/specs as it relates to the general contractor.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage assigned personnel effectively
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the owner, design team, site team, trade partners, and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to organize necessary resources to meet deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Ability to use construction management software, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Phoenix, Procore, and other web-based or mobile document and project management solutions.
- General knowledge of AIA contract documents, and cost-plus GMP contracts.
Harkins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.