ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Plan, execute, and attend a variety of events, including, but not limited to corporate events and community service initiatives.
- Assist with planning and tracking community service initiatives/involvement, companywide and on a project-by-project basis.
- Represent Harkins in-person at trade shows and special events and provide appropriate material, including but not limited to proper signage as requested.
- Capture both still and video photographs and recordings and edit them as needed.
- Design, develop, and market collateral for the company.
- Draft and maintain fact sheets, employee resumes, and creative material using Adobe Suite.
- Maintain the marketing and business development contact system (Microsoft Dynamics) and generate mailing lists for marketing efforts.
- Maintain project information in Microsoft Dynamics.
- Curate program ads, post cards, announcements, etc.
- Draft press releases, media relations content, and other written materials.
- Maintain current tradeshow material.
- Assist clients in achieving their goals with special events.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with executives, internal departments, corporate staff, site teams, clients, vendors, trade and other business partners.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, business administration or related discipline preferred and/or with 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Basic knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Premier Pro or equivalent video editor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management, corporate departments, clients, etc. and assist with marketing needs.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills (grammar, spelling, proofing, conciseness, etc.).
- Proven experience in photography with a strong portfolio demonstrating skills in event and project photography.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to be flexible within a deadline-driven environment.
- Detail-oriented and proactive solution-seeker, with the ability to make decisions based on information and judgment.
- Creative and passionate about delivering high-quality work.
- Self-starter, strong work ethic, and a team player.
Harkins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.