- Assist General Counsel and Associate General Counsel with efficiently supporting the legal and contract-related needs of Harkins.
- Research legal issues and provide timely counsel and support on contractual, operational, and litigation matters affecting Harkins.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and assist in the administration and enforcement of contracts and other agreements, both corporate and project-specific.
- Prepare detailed abstracts summarizing key notice and other provisions in prime contracts.
- Support litigation-related activities, including e-discovery, the selection and management of outside counsel as required, and where appropriate, litigation cases for Harkins.
- Prepare, maintain, and update standard form templates for use by Harkins’ divisions and departments.
- Work with risk management and compliance personnel to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws, and the Harkins’ trade partner insurance program.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of educational materials on legal and risk management issues for Harkins University.
- Monitor, research, and analyze developments in the law related to Harkins’ operations.
- Maintain professionalism and integrity with all clients, architects, trade partners and outside vendors, executives, site teams, and departments.
- Promote a positive image of Harkins through professional and fair business relationships and community service.
- Attend required corporate meetings, training programs, and Harkins University seminars/webinars.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) and a juris doctor degree or equivalent degree from an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice and in good standing with the State Bar of at least one of the following jurisdictions: Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, District of Columbia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, or West Virginia.
- At least three (3) years of legal experience in construction, federal contracting, and/or related litigation, compliance, and business law.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and possess strong computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize, assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands, and to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively.
Harkins Builders is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.