ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise all Quality Control functions and activities of a project or its parts.
• Responsible for the implementation of the four phases of work for every DFOW.
• Responsible for the Quality Control inspections and collection of Quality Control records for the project.
• Implement the Quality Control Plan on site.
• Assist with allocating Quality Control personnel to the various areas and job duties on site.
• Manage on-site assigned personnel, providing a positive work environment for professional and personal growth.
• Proficient with reading, understanding, and interpreting plans, specifications, shop drawings, contracts, and other documents.
• Knowledgeable in the EM-385 1-1 Safety Manual.
• General knowledge of AIA contract documents and the Contract Documents for the project.
• Knowledgeable of Company policies and procedures.
• Knowledgeable with all construction trades, including surveying and engineering procedures.
• General knowledge of cost accounting systems and Company policies and procedures.
• Ability to interact and communicate professionally and ethically with all parties associated with the project.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Four (4)-year degree in an accredited construction-related curriculum, architecture, or engineering (BSCE, BSAE, etc.).
• Minimum of seven years of experience in construction.
• At least five years of experience as a Construction Quality Control Manager.
• Active Corps of Engineers CQC Certification.
• Firm understanding to lead, coach, and train team members; monitor their work for quality and completeness; and foster a positive work environment that encourages the personal and professional growth of all team members.
• General knowledge of estimating, scheduling, budget/cost control, negotiation, field supervision, and financial reporting.
• Demonstrated organizational, leadership, analytical, and communication skills necessary to organize resources, including people, materials, equipment, tools, and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
• Ability to understand, interpret, and implement plans, specifications, and other contract documents.
• Ability to calmly and professionally resolve or escalate issues with subcontractors and other third parties in a timely manner.
• Ability to use construction management software, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Procore, and other web-based or mobile document and project management solutions.
Harkins Builders is an equal opportunity employer. The company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, as well as to all of its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, the company provides reasonable accommodation to any disabled applicant in connection with the employment process, as well as to its employees in connection with all aspects of their employment.