ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the preconstruction phase of assigned projects.
• Facilitate construction start through project closing as a liaison with the owner of assigned projects.
• Ensure contract scope is understood by the entire site management team.
• Supervise and evaluate assigned personnel and maintain a positive working environment for the entire site team.
• Understand and actively participate in the business development objectives of the Company and the division.
• Maintain professionalism and integrity in all contacts and dealings.
• Promote a positive company image through professional and fair business relationships and community service.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Four (4)-year degree in an accredited construction-related curriculum (BSCE, BSAE, etc.) or experience equivalent to a 4-year degree.
• Cumulative total of at least seven (7) years of progressive experience in ground-up new construction, preferably including prior employment as Project Manager, assistant Project Manager, or site manager on negotiated or hard bid projects.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and train team members; monitor their work for quality and completeness; and foster a positive work environment that encourages the personal and professional growth of all team members.
• Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects and teams.
• Demonstrated high level of achievement in the areas of project management, estimating, scheduling, budget/cost control, negotiation, field supervision, and financial reporting.
• Excellent organizational, leadership, analytical, and communication skills, including the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner, and to organize necessary resources, including people, materials, equipment, tools, and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
• High functional ability to understand, interpret, and implement plans, specifications, and other contract documents.
• Demonstrated ability to calmly and professionally resolve or escalate issues with clients, subcontractors, and other third parties in a timely manner.
• Substantial knowledge of and experience with solicitation, negotiation, award, and management of subcontracts, including without limitations, preparation of bid and subcontract scope language.
• Understanding of scheduling logic/constraints.
• Proficient with construction management software, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Procore, and other web-based and project management solutions.
• Substantial knowledge of AIA contract documents, and in particular cost plus GMP contracts.
• OSHA 30 Certification.
• Certifications for CCM, PMP, PSP, DRMP, CEP, and LEED Accredited Professional Status are encouraged.
Harkins Builders is an equal opportunity employer. The company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, as well as to all of its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, the company provides reasonable accommodation to any disabled applicant in connection with the employment process, as well as to its employees in connection with all aspects of their employment.