ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide legal research and analysis, manage files and periodic legal reporting, manage legal files, and perform administrative duties such as scanning, filing, and copying to assist Corporate Counsel.
• Assist with contract negotiations, investigations and conduct statistical/documentary research.
• Assist in the preparation and review basic legal documents and correspondence.
• Attend meetings with Corporate Counsel as requested.
• Assist the Human Resources Department in recruiting, training, benefits, and special events as necessary.
• Ability to interact and communicate professionally and ethically with executives, corporate staff, site teams, clients, subcontractors and vendors.
• Maintain confidentiality with executives and employees when dealing with sensitive corporate information.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Current law or paralegal student, or college student interested in legal career.
• Prior experience as a legal or administrative intern.
• Understanding of corporate governance, HR, insurance, and/or construction-related issues.
• Self-starter, organized, thorough, and detail-oriented.
• Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure.
• Exhibits good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
• Experience using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote), Procore, Bluebeam, Adobe, SharePoint on Windows-based systems.
• Team player willing to assist others with job duties.
Harkins Builders is an equal opportunity employer. The company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, as well as to all of its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, the company provides reasonable accommodation to any disabled applicant in connection with the employment process, as well as to its employees in connection with all aspects of their employment.