ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform commercial and multi-family construction take-offs.
• Assist with analyzing and coordinating plans and specifications.
• Assist with applying unit costs to develop conceptual estimates.
• Perform site analysis, cut fill studies, and geotechnical analysis.
• Solicit and build relationships with subcontractors for projects.
• Under the guidance of the senior estimator and preconstruction manager, work with owner’s team to finalize contract documents.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Coursework towards a bachelor’s degree or applicable to estimating.
• Minimum of one-year experience in estimating.
• Experienced with Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Experienced with Microsoft Project, Insite, and On Screen Takeoff (or similar estimating software) a plus.
• Knowledgeable with CSI format and ability to read and interpret plans and specs.
• General knowledge of construction industry, scheduling, contract law, and contract negotiations.
• Familiar with regional market place, pricing, and subcontractor community.
• Field experience a plus.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to multi-task and cope with many issues.
• Team player with ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to interact and function professionally with all parties.
Harkins Builders is an equal opportunity employer. The company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, as well as to all of its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, the company provides reasonable accommodation to any disabled applicant in connection with the employment process, as well as to its employees in connection with all aspects of their employment.